Slip-And-Fall Injuries


Pursuing Compensation After A Slip-And-Fall

Slip-and-fall injuries often happen during wintertime, and often involve actual slips and falls on icy or snowy surfaces. However, that’s not all they involve.

A slip-and-fall — also called occupier’s liability — has to do with any kind of accident suffered as a result of somebody else’s negligence, on their property.

If you have been injured in such an accident, we encourage you to give us a call to discuss your case for compensation. Based in Mississauga, we serve clients throughout the GTA.

How Were You Injured?

Slip-and-fall injuries can happen in various ways. These include:

  • A trip on stairs or uneven flooring
  • Slips on wet or waxed floors
  • Being injured by objects falling from poorly stacked shelves
  • Tripping over cleaning materials or work tools left out

It is vitally important to file a slip-and-fall claim as quickly as possible. Because cases often have to do with elements such as weather or wet floors, it’s important to get pictures, reports and witness statements before the evidence is lost or memories fade.

In many jurisdictions, there are strict time limits that may bar you from filing a claim if you don’t file it soon.

If you are injured on City of Toronto property, you may have only 10 days to file.

Taking Responsibility For The Premises

At Chera Law Office, we will help you to deal with any injuries caused in these accidents. Often, our clients suffer from:

  • Head, back and neck injuries
  • Broken bones, especially in feet or outstretched hands
  • Soft tissue damage such as strains and sprains

We also deal with the difficulties of proving fault. The party responsible for your injury may not always be the owner of the property; it could be a renter, maintenance company, snow removal company or other party entrusted to keep the property safe for the public.

Even homeowners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe for invited guests and members of the public. One of the purposes of a home insurance policy is to cover any damage from injuries on the property.

Our lawyers will sort through the evidence, make sure that you don’t miss any important deadlines, and focus on getting you the compensation you need. If you are unable to meet us in our office, we are able to meet you in your home or hospital.

Take Action Today

You cannot waste any time wondering whether or not to file an occupier’s liability case, especially if you are hurt on public property in the GTA. Call 905-848-HURT (4878) or fill out our email form and talk to our lawyers. We represent clients in Mississauga, Niagara Falls, St. Thomas and throughout surrounding areas.


7979 Dorchester Rd.
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 7W7
Toll Free: 905-848-HURT (4878)
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only


3024 Hurontario Street
Suite G10
Mississauga, ON L5B 4P4
Toll Free: 905-848-HURT (4878)
Mississauga Office
Free Parking


280 Edward Street
Suite 12A
St. Thomas, ON N5P 4C2
Toll Free: 905-848-HURT (4878)
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only